One thing we truly love is sharing in all your great foodie experiences, whether the food exceeded your expectations, the service left you shocked or it was just there. We love to hear them!
There are just a few things we expect from every user on Chopstreets as you share your dinning experiences and opinions about the listed businesses. Your reviews and photos, as well as your profile and the comments you share, are all subject to our content guidelines.
If your activity on Chopstreets does not match up to these content guidelines, we reserve the right to take action as we deem necessary. This could include altering or deleting your reviews or comments, or deleting your Chopstreets account altogether, with or without notice. Chopstreets also utilizes an algorithm to aid in removing suspicious reviews. If you feel your review has been deleted in error, please email us at email@example.com.
If you see a content or activity that does not align with these guidelines, please let us know. But do bear in mind that due to the vast diversity of our community, it is possible that a content you do not agree with might not meet the criteria for it to be removed.
- Be yourself: Your profile is your identity on Chopstreets, so keep it real. You are welcome to choose a username name that suits your personality, but please refrain from using inappropriate names, bios, or profile images. We want to stay clean, and we might end up removing your account if it is deemed inappropriate.
- Keep it real: We do encourage you to write your review based on your own facts and experiences. Please try not exaggerate or falsify your experience as we do not take sides in cases of dispute. If we discover that your review does not indicate that you visited the restaurant, it will be removed. Deceptive, fake, or misleading reviews will be deleted.
- Keep it relevant: Please keep your contributions relevant to Chopstreets. Accounts placing irrelevant, inappropriate, or promotional content, that solicit customers, or that spam restaurants, may be deleted without notice.
Keep it clean: Whether you had an amazing experience or a terrible service, please can we ask that you keep foul/abusive/hateful language, threats, and lewdness out of it. Just like you, we hate junk and will delete it whenever we see it. This also includes (but is not limited to) derogatory comments on someone’s protected characteristics (e.g. race, gender, religion) or indication of a personal vendetta against a business and its associates.
- Keep it fresh: Only one review per restaurant can be submitted, however, your most recent experience at a place counts as this is what helps people when they are trying to decide whether or not to eat at a particular restaurant. You can edit and update your review based on subsequent visits at any time.
- The right channel: If you have a dispute with a restaurant or if you feel a restaurant does not measure up to the stipulated health regulations, we encourage you to contact the appropriate authorities directly. Chopstreets is a review website but we have no authority when it comes to the law or health (we just love food).
Business Owner Guidelines
Chopstreets is a great way for business owners to get feedback from their customers. Here are a few things to note:
Keep your listing updated: While we do make every effort to keep the information on Chopstreets up-to-date, we would appreciate you letting us know when an update is required such as change in opening times, phone numbers etc. Your customers rely on this information so let’s not disappoint them.
- Do not solicit reviews: as much as we appreciate that reviews and feedbacks are a good way to grow your business, do not solicit for selective reviews. The best way to get great reviews is to delight customers with your delicious food and amazing service.
Respond to criticism positively: do not raise the roof when you get a negative review. It happens to all restaurants and other businesses too. Instead take the not-so-nice reviews as constructive feedback and use it as an opportunity to fix the issues that have been raised in the review. You will not agree with every review given so take all reviews in good stride. You can reply to show you care, but please do not hit back or offer the customer an incentive to edit their review.
It is important to note that Chopstreets have no employees or affiliates who are paid to review. Reviews provided by Chopstreets on the blog are based on our dining experiences which are duly paid for by us. They are not sponsored by any establishment unless otherwise stated. Chopstreets do not accept free meals from restaurants or their representatives in return for reviews unless these are items that are also given to regular guests. Chopstreets will always strive for anonymity when reviewing restaurants and will refrain from revealing themselves to either chefs or restaurant owners. Chopstreets may attend foodie events, media events and press previews when invited as guests but will not accept compensation during the course of a regular restaurant meal.
Team Code of Ethics
Every member of the Chopstreets team is expected to adhere to and uphold the highest standard of ethics and integrity. This includes acting in accordance with our core values and the below listed policies at all times.
Unless visiting a restaurant for official business, Chopstreets team members are to refrain from revealing their identity. You are prohibited from using your status to solicit discounts, freebies, or special treatment at restaurants.
Chopstreets’ review and photo moderators are required to always act in a neutral capacity. You are required to use your best judgement in implementing moderation guidelines and are prohibited from giving preferential treatment to restaurants. Deleting any authentic review from a restaurant page is in violation of our policies, likewise, keeping reviews which have been proven to be unauthentic is a violation of our policies.
Chopstreets relies on advertisement placed on the site as a primary source of our revenue. We have an advertising team responsible for selling ad space on Chopstreets and this does not in any way influence our reviews. All contents on the Chopstreets blog are based on the editorial team’s discretion. Chopstreets may publish sponsored content in the form of advertorials, but this content will be clearly marked as sponsored.